Thanks, Berry, for this Monday Meme:
Meme instructions: Google your SL name and answer the following questions. Don’t forget to leave a comment with a link to your post so we can all drop by, read and be nosy. Optional: click over to Emily’s blog and do her Google challenge as well. Don’t forget to leave a comment in her post if you end up doing it, so she can come stalk you guys too!
Part I – Questions of Strawberry Singh
- Google your Second Life name in “quotations” and share your results.
About 2.570 results.
- What is the first link that comes up?
The link is to my twitter profil @doraquar – which I set up already four years ago and which is therefor by far the oldest social media account of my SL avatar.
- Which link were you surprised to see?
I was surprised to find at no. 8 of the results an empty blogspot blog under the name Dora Quar which I never ever started… I think I should delete it immediately.
- Click on the “Image” tab and tell us where the first 5 pictures listed are from.
Two are from this blog, one is from my Twitter account and two are from German SL blog posts about my inworld readings back then in 2010 and 2011. I was very pleasantly surprised to find these memories…
- Click on the “more” tab and then click “news” and share your results.
No results at all. .-)
Part II – Questions of Emily from SLTimeWellWasted
- How did the two digital footprints compare, and did that surprise you?
10.500 results for my RL name Dörte Giebel – no surprise there as my last job for over eight years were the one of a spokeswoman.
2.570 results für my SL name Dora Quar. Again no surprise: Both results mix up with each other as my current SL blog has been my personal RL blog for many years and it still includes the old posts. And it has never been a cagey about my SL activities as I have been exploring the benefits of Second Life for eLearning in Real Life.
- Does anyone interesting share your name?
Well, for me all the people I am connected with and interact with at the web are interesting.😉
- Are you happy with the size of your digital footprint, or do you wish either one was larger/smaller?
I am fine with both. No compromising pictures, no distressing content. Nothing I couldn’t stand by.
- If you woke up/ logged in one morning to discover over night you had suddenly gained rock-star status, and everybody knew who you were and wanted to know what you were doing… what would you do?
Well, it is as sure as eggs are eggs that this will never happen!😉 But if… I would sit down and write my memoirs as I really have a story to tell about some taboos in our society – and I know it would help to be a rock-star to be heard with such a story…